All those students who are studying in their final year of FSc examinations should know the importance of MDCAT and why they should look for the MDCAT 2023 syllabus and paper pattern. The students in their 2nd year of Intermediate in Pakistan, have to attempt an exam conducted by PMDC. The MDCAT exam is compulsory for those students who are seeking admission to medical and dental colleges. The score you achieve in your MDCAT also determines the university opportunities for which you can apply.
If you want to score good marks in the MDCAT exam and make it to your dream medical university then you need to go through the pattern of the exam and how the learning outcomes and topics are divided.
What to know about MDCAT 2023?
The national MDCAT or NMDCAT 2023 is for students across Pakistan which means every student across the country will have to attempt the exam to secure a place in a medical school. Usually, the MDCAT exam takes place 2-3 months before the final year examination of the FSc board. The first phase of MDCAT starts between the timeline of 15th August to 30th August.
The MDCAT exam is designed to evaluate problem-solving, critical thinking, logical reasoning, and knowledge about the natural, behavioural and social sciences which also tests their understanding of the core science subjects.
MDCAT 2023 Syllabus Breakdown
The exam consists of a standardized multiple-choice computer-based exam with a total of 210 MCQs. The total time duration to complete the test is 3.5 hours and the required percentage to pass the exam is 65%.
|S.no||Subject||Percentage Weightage||MCQs Weightage|
MDCAT Subjects and Chapters
MDCAT Online Test Biology Section
- Bio-diversity (acellular life/variety of life)
- Biological molecules
- Cell structure and function
- Coordination and control/nervous & chemical coordination
- Diversity among animals
- Life process in animals and plants (nutrition/gaseous exchange/
- Support and movement
- Variation and genetics/inheritance
MCQs of Chemistry for Entry Tests Topics
- Introduction to fundamental concepts of chemistry
- Atomic structure
- Chemical equilibrium
- Reaction kinetics
- Thermo-chemistry and energetics of chemical reactions
- Chemical bonding
- S and p block elements
- Transition elements
- Fundamental principles of organic chemistry
- Chemistry of hydrocarbons
- Alkyl halides
- Alcohols and phenols
- Aldehydes and ketones
- Carboxylic acids
Physics MDCAT MCQs – Topics
- Force and motion
- Work and energy
- Rotational and circular motion
- Current electricity
- Electromagnetic induction
- Dawn of modern physics
- Atomic spectra
- Nuclear Physics
The core purpose of testing the English component of the MDCAT exam is to evaluate students and their English skills in taking their undergraduate studies. The difficulty level of the test is standard and is according to the backgrounds of different sectors and regions across Pakistan. The syllabus and the benchmark for the exam are based on the HSSC and CIE syllabus which the students have studied in their academic term. The PMDC tests the following components in the section of the English exam:
- Comprehend Key Vocabulary
- Demonstrate control of tenses and sentence structure
- Demonstrate ability to differentiate between the correct and incorrect structure of sentences & Use of writing conventions of spelling, capitalization and punctuation
- Correct use of subject-verb agreement and of articles and prepositions
- Demonstrate ability to identify mistakes in a sentence or short written texts
- Ability to comprehend short written text and select the most appropriate responses
Logical Reasoning MCQ – MDCAT 2023
The purpose of this section in the MDCAT 2023 exam is to evaluate the ability to analyze and complete arguments as they occur in ordinary language. Each Logical Reasoning question requires you to read and comprehend a short passage, and then answer one question about it. The questions are designed to assess a wide range of skills involved in thinking critically, with an emphasis on skills that are central to reasoning.
Prepare for MDCAT 2023 Exam with Maqsad
Are you overwhelmed with all the information? Let’s start by first checking out where you stand and how much you need to work on. Check out the MDCAT 2023 knowledge test to see how much you need to work on your exam preparation – Test Your Knowledge for MDCAT 2023
To start your exam preparation, you can download the Maqsad application. In the Maqsad app, you’ll find MDCAT crash courses with past papers, topical questions, question banks and engaging lectures to prepare you for the MDCAT exam – Download MDCAT Past Papers.
If you are in your first year and have no idea about what is MDCAT, you can also read more about it.