Getting ready for the 2022 MDCAT Pakistan test? This guide will give you answers to everything you could want for your MDCAT preparation. From answers about what MDCAT means, what MDCAT 2022 syllabus looks like and when to expect MDCAT result 2022.
[Also read: FREE Online MDCAT Test to Check Your Preparation]
What is MDCAT Full Form?
MDCAT stands for The Medical/Dental Colleges Admission Test but is more commonly known as MDCAT. It previously was known as Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
What is MDCAT Test?
The MDCAT entry test is a standardized admission test that is mandatory for getting admission to MBBS and BDS programmes across all public and private medical/dental institutions. This is regulated by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMC and DC).
What Are the MDCAT Subjects 2022?
Your MDCAT test 2022 syllabus will be divided into 5 subjects. You can see them listed below:
- Logical Reasoning
You can download the National Syllabus from the MDCAT website here.
Prepare for MDCAT subjects 2022 with Maqsad’s question banks! You get access to 6000+ MDCAT MCQs with video solutions and answer keys. You can click here to learn more!
What is the MDCAT Paper Pattern Like?
There will be 210 questions total with 3.5 hours to complete your paper. This means that for a single MCQ, you will have one minute to get your answer. There is no negative marking for the MCQs. You can see the exact division of MDCAT paper below:
|Subject||Number of MCQs|
What is the date of MDCAT 2022?
The MDCAT 2022 test date has not been announced yet. The date for MDCAT 2022 varies according to the universities through which you’re appearing. Following is a list of different MDCAT dates for universities.
MDCAT Test Date 2022
The MDCAT test dates 2022 are from August 15th 2022 to August 30th 2022.
How do I register for MDCAT 2022?
- Register by using CNIC/B Form Number/Passport Number or Mobile number
- Login to your account by using the credentials above to fill out the application form
- Upload the following documents: (1) Passport size latest photograph with blue or white background (2) CNIC/B-Form/NICOP or Passport
- After the application form is saved, print the fee challan
- Deposit the fee challan generated through the online application in any branch of HBL, ABL, or MCB in cash by 2nd June 2022. The fee amount is Rs.6000
- Scan and attach the paid copy of the fee challan by logging back into your MDCAT account
- After uploading the paid copy of the fee challan, click ‘Final Submit.
- Login onto the PMC Exam Account from 20th-25th July to schedule your exam. Scheduling of exams shall be based on a first come- first serve basis.
You can find more details on the official MDCAT website.
Is MDCAT Important for MBBS?
Yes, MDCAT is important for MBBS admission. It is required by the Pakistan Medical Council to be admitted into any medical/dental institution across the country.
Who is eligible for MDCAT?
To be eligible for MDCAT, you need to have at least 70% marks in your Intermediate/HSCC Pre Medical Group exams or equivalent examinations. If you are a student who is awaiting results, you can still apply for your MDCAT test.
What are passing marks in MDCAT 2022
MDCAT passing marks 2022 are 70% in Intermediate exams and 60% in MDCAT entry test.
What is fee for MDCAT test?
The MDCAT fee 2022 is Rs.6000/.
How many MCQs are in MDCAT test?
There are a total of 210 MDCAT MCQs in the MDCAT 2022 paper.
When is MDCAT Result 2022?
The MDCAT 2022 result date is 30th August 2022.
[Also read: Download MDCAT Past Papers 2022 with Answers]
Keep an eye out for more information, tips, and guidance to pass your MDCAT exam 2022! Have any questions? Drop us a message on our socials or leave a comment and we’ll get back to you!